Subject: [Leica] Infrequent printer selection?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 11:36:52 -0400

At 08:52 AM 4/11/2009, you wrote:

>The 1280 with MIS inks was hellish in this regard. I just bit the
>bullet and ran a print-a-day as part of my routine, like brushing my teeth.

I have the 4800 - it's a huge printer.  It had been sitting unused
since December and I did a nozzle check yesterday - perfect.  All of
my Epsons (I have 4) have no problems sitting for long periods.  I've
concluded that it has more to do with humidity than anything
else.  SC is a very humid place.  In the winter, when it's drier, I
run a humidifier close to my printers.  I never, ever have a problem
with clogs.  It might be cheaper to get a humidifier and try it.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Message from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] Infrequent printer selection?)