Subject: [Leica] Infrequent printer selection?
From: gkase at ccfc.com (George Kase)
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 05:25:44 -0700

I have given up on finding a printer that I can use but
maybe the LUG can help? I used to do a lot of printing of
my images on various wide format Epson printers with a leaning
towards models that had various archival black pigment ink ranges
available...
BUT...the problem is, I don't print constantly. I'll have several months
lapse between printing efforts and invariably the Epsons have failed me. And
I mean,
failed miserably. I fall into a several week long effort each time of trying
to resolve
the various problems associated with firing it up again, then getting a new
one
from Epson sometimes and so forth...I've got two of them sitting useless
right now,
and just don't want to struggle to try and print with them. The net result
is this...I'd like to find
a printer that I can use when I need to, but one that is always ready. And
that I
don't have to invest lots of money and effort into costly ink in order to
"flush" it out (if I'm lucky).
As it stands right now, I've been through at least 5 or 6 of them and have
given up
and have the occaisional print made by a service, but would sure love to
print
in quantity at home again...any suggestions for a bullet proof printer or
system
for ensuring infrequent but reliable performance?
George
Chicago

Replies: Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] Infrequent printer selection?)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Infrequent printer selection?)