Subject: [Leica] m8/uv
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:43:21 -0400

Leo,

Yes you can do UV with the M8. But it's not easy. The lens itself
will restrict the UV photo more then the sensor. You need a lens
which passes UV to start with. That would mostly be lenses with few
elements and no coating. Some enlarging lenses are good. You also
need a filter which passes UV but not IR or visible light. Here is a
UV photo taken with the M8. I find the M8 much more sensitive to UV
than the old Nikon D1. I was able to use the 50mm Summilux Asph.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/LeonardT/UV/L1009821c_UV.jpg.html>

Len