Subject: [Leica] m8/uv
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:31:07 -0400

Don't know for sure, but modern lenses tend to filter out UV.  All
glass does filter UV below about 360nm; you need special quartz
optics.  I don't know the sensitivity of most sensors to UV, but
unlike film, which is naturally sensitive to UV, sensors tend to be
sensitive more to the IR region of things.

So, maybe?  :)