Subject: [Leica] Hartblei tilt shift rotation lenses get Zeiss name
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:23:05 -0400

Medium format glass does resolve less than 35mm glass;
And large format 4x5" format glass again resolves less than medium format
and so no.
But if you're comparing 11x14's a 35mm neg has to be blown up 10 times and a
4x5" format twice;
So you end with a print which resolves just as well if not better than
smaller formats.

Mount a Hasselblad Zeiss lens on your Leica R and that would be an issue
with that. A print which will end up not resolving as well as if you used
glass made for the smaller format.

As is using glass designed for 36x24 on half frame or aps-c negs.
As a lens designed for that smaller format should be sharper;
And more compact.
And cheaper
And lighter

Mark William Rabiner