Subject: [Leica] Flash lifespan
From: scheng at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:27:11 -0400

Number of read or write cycles that can be tolerated is orthogonal to
the archival properties of flash memory :)

Suitability for archival storage is inversely proportional to the rate
at which the charge is leaked from the all memory cells on a given
memory card. This leakage rate is not a crucial bit of data that the
manufacturers publish to my knowledge. So one may get lucky, or, NOT.

Regards,
Spencer

Message from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Flash lifespan)