Subject: [Leica] Flash lifespan
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:04:46 -0700

"Typical" flash technology has ~10,000 to 100,000 read/write cycles,
depending on the manufacturer. The hardware controller is smart enough to
"spread out" the bits as not to unduly bang on just a few cells. Other
things will stop working before then. They do make great archival storage
units.

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.rfman.com