Subject: [Leica] M8 shooting without lens coding or IR filters
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:26:34 +0000

Sue,

For the lenses you mentioned, No you do not need to code your lenses. ?I
have only 2 coded lenses, a 28 and a 21. ?The IR filter is useful if you
shoot color and only certain synthetic colored clothes and only effects
maybe about 10 to 15% of your photos. ?In many cases this can be fixed in
post processing. ?If you shoot only b&w, then don't worry about the filters.

Gene

 -------------- Original message from Susan Ryan <scoutfinch at
chartermi.net>: --------------