Subject: [Leica] Leica C-Lux3 or Panasonic FX37?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 12:14:59 +1000

Susan if you want to carry a compact digital camera, the Panasonic cameras
should perform every bit as well for you as the Leica badged ones for all
practical purposes and for less money. The lenses, sensor and manufacture
are the same in equivalent models. Leica says that they tweak the picture
quality differently but I suspect you would see no practical difference. You
won't get the yummy Red Dot of course ;-) My wife has an earlier Panasonic
with large zoom which she wanted (28 to 280 equivalent). She is very happy
with it and carries it always for travel.