Subject: [Leica] Digital camera purchase conundrum
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip F)
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:26:36 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Yeah, these same friends were saying that I should get a cheap D100 (2
years' more vintage than the R-D1) and spend money on good glass. Talk about
outdated! That's still not equitable since getting a good set of lenses for
the ancient Nikon would still run me a bunch. If i were in the market for an
old Nikon, I'd rather get an F2 for the same price and have a camera that
will outlast me.
Phil