Subject: [Leica] Capture One vs Other RAW Processors
From: tcharara at mac.com (Tarek Charara)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:36:27 +0100

Hi Mario,

I have Capture One, Lightroom and Aperture. The one I use most is
Aperture, the results I get with this software are slightly "better"
than with Lightroom. Two drawbacks: It's Mac only (OS X) and there is
no simple way of adjusting curves. On the other hand the built-in
back-up utility is really practical and there are third party plug-
ins that have made Aperture my main picture editing software. I can
only recommend the NIK plug-ins for Aperture (they also exist for
Photoshop) - Really cool. The results I get with their B&W converter
are excellent!

Photoshop is the standard for picture editing, the things you can do
with it are limitless. Almost. But it doesn't oranise your pictures
the way Lightroom or Aperture does. (I know Capture One can organise
your pictures, but I seldom use it and don't know how it would compare).

I hope that helps a bit...

Le 18 mars 09 ? 01:10, Mario Albert a ?crit :