Subject: [Leica] Nokton 35/1.2 Lens, loose screws
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:57:03 -0700

On Mar 16, 2009, at 11:34 AM, Tina Manley wrote:

> At 10:28 AM 3/16/2009, you wrote:
>
>> so why is this not covered by the warranty ?  It seems to be an
>> assembly problem, maybe they forgot the loctite...
>>

>> Have you discussed this with Mr Gandy?
>>

>> Steve
>
> Stephen said it was a case of the screws being vibrated loose - as
> in a plane flight.  Not covered by warranty. Send $60 for labor.  I
> was in Peru.  When I got back and received the package with my
> repaired 35/1.2, I just sent the Paypal fee of $60.  I'm really not
> complaining about the $60 labor fee.  If I had to totally
> disassemble a lens to rescrew the blades, I would probably think $60
> was reasonable.

seems  a reasonable fee, but it also seems that they would want to
stand behind their lens, ask the question why, accept it, and  swallow
it, as it seems to be clearly a problem that never should have happened,

either the screws weren't tight, or they didn't use loctite, or other...

but if, as they imply, it is is secondary to normal use, the really
why buy the lens...?

as it will happen again,

By what authority did Mr Gandy reach his conclusion, was he willing to
look into it?

This should be circulated to the CVUG list and back to Mr Gandy,

Steve