Subject: [Leica] OT advice re carry on bags for flights...
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 22:00:25 +0100

Steve,

It varies hugely by airline. In general in Europe there is a 1-bag
limit for carry-on, but you can often get away with 2. Depends
entirely on the airline. For example, Ryanair are absolutely Nazi
about it. If a woman has a bag and a purse, they make her put the
purse into the bag at the gate. Even stuff you buy in the airport must
fit into the one carry-on item. And they have a strictly enforced 10
kg limit for carry-on. The other big low-cost airline, Easyjet, is
much more liberal. While they too have a 1-bag limit for carry-on, at
least in principle, there is no weight limit (it just says "within
reason") and I never have any trouble with my Domke 803 plus a
Samsonite shoulder bag when I fly with them.

So the best thing to do is to check with Continental and also with any
airlines you are planning to use within Europe.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu