Subject: [Leica] The LUG assignment - March 31 Deadline QUERY
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sat Feb 28 09:40:14 2009

Ken,

I have no idea where this may lead.

I can imagine if a number of LUGgers become involved
that we may just create something of value which may find some wider
audience.

Releases, when possible, are always a good idea.
Circumstances and ultimate use dictate the "need" for releases.
I'm not attorney - but my understanding is:
for news, editorial and fine art use - releases, in most cases, are
not required for publication.
At the point that images are used to sell goods and services -
releases are required.

Those who know more and better - please correct us here.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com