Subject: [Leica] The LUG assignment - March 31 Deadline QUERY
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Feb 28 09:11:40 2009

At 10:55 AM 2/28/2009, you wrote:
>2.  Much of the impact of the economic downturn (what a nice way to
>put it!) is shown in the people I serve, the so-called "homeless" or
>"street" people, whose numbers are growing here, at least the number
>coming to our soup kitchens.  If I photograph them, and many of them
>will allow me to do that, do I have to have signed releases from
>them?  I can shoot places -- closed shops, etc., but would rather
>show the human side, if possible.
>Ken

Ken - You don't need signed releases for editorial use, only for
commercial.  Signed releases are not necessary for contests or
exhibits. The only time you could get in trouble for unsigned
editorial use is if you imply something that is not true, for
example, saying that the people in a photo are drug users when they are not.

Hope this helps.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com