Subject: [Leica] My Epson 3800 died again
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri Feb 20 09:41:08 2009

I bought an Epson Stylus Pro 3800 in December 2006. I bought the 2-year
extended warranty for it, for which I am thankful.

Epson replaced the printer under warranty with a refurbished unit in August
2008.
I just got off the phone after a 90-minute marathon phone call with Epson
Tech Support, and they've concluded that this replacement unit is not
working and that they have to replace it again.

The symptoms this time are that certain pixel values in the printed image
come out a solid posterized grayed pastel, in various shades of green and
blue and purple.

It's a great printer, and Epson tech support is utterly wonderful, but the
darn thing sure does fail a lot.

My point? Invest in the extended warranty if you buy a high-end Epson
printer.

Brian Reid

Replies: Reply from crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall) ([Leica] My Epson 3800 died again)
Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] My Epson 3800 died again)