Subject: [Leica] Taking photos of police officers could be considered a crime
From: gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Sat Feb 14 16:31:57 2009

As a UK photographer who has often photographed the police on riot
control etc. I find this proposal frightening. Whilst I am in favour
of anything that stops a terrorist carry out any of their actions, it
does mean that anybody who photographs a police officer can be guilty
of an offence because any image showing a police officers face (or any
other identifiable mark) could be of use to terrorists, and their have
already been instances of photographers being arrested, questioned and
having their cards wiped. The mere fact that you are arrested means
that they can fingerprint you and dna test you in this country, which
already has the greatest number of cctv cameras per head of population
of anywhere in the world.

Gerry

Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076