Subject: [Leica] New 18 mm lens
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Feb 13 23:08:48 2009

Frank the way I see it film was NEVER ALIVE!
- it was just the predominant way of doing photography which it is now not.
Daguerreotypes and platinum printing had not died either nor ever lived they
have have lost their first place slots in the way things are done by the
mainstream. But are still in the lineup.
Not benched.
You can still do it. They don't throw you in jail.

The use of Leica stuff is done  by people who care much less what everybody
else is doing; to achieve their results.

But in my ears the people who love to chime "FILM IS DEAD" are the ones who
never cared enough to learn how to pull a decent print in the first place in
the darkroom. People who didn't know what properly developed a roll of film
LOOKED LIKE.
Its RHETORIC.
No beef!
LANGUAGE which was never connected to any reality of DOING.

Mark William Rabiner