Subject: [Leica] AP or Jobo or Paterson or...
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Fri Feb 13 19:02:31 2009

On  Fri, 13 Feb 2009  Mark Pope <mark@whitedogs.co.uk>replied to Nuno Miguel
dos Santos Baeta:

>I'm sure the Hewes spirals are very good, but I've never used them, as I
>haven't felt the need to change from Paterson.

>I think whatever you choose, be it Paterson, Jobo or Hewes, once you get
>the hang of loading them you'll be fine.
I learned to use stainless steel reels early on, and it's good thing I did.
In the age of film at work I used to
have to develop direct positive B&W reversal film.  I would load two rolls
of film on each reel, back to back,
and process ten reels (20 rolls) at a time in one gallon clear glass tanks,
for 40 minutes in the dark.
Don't miss doing that bulk processing, but I still like metal reels.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Replies: Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] AP or Jobo or Paterson or...)