Subject: [Leica] HCBilia - now HCB would have approved
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Tue Feb 10 04:25:35 2009

Alastair, when I was in Paris a century ago, I was a suitable bread stick
carrier though I used to slog straight through the puddles on the rue St
Andre des Arts where I lived.

May as well begin the day confessing to all my friends on this list that
yesterday I succumbed, burdened my future, both temporal and fiscal, and
acquired a panda-destined black paint M8.2; no, I'm not going to fret that
my 35mm and 50mm optics are silver (the 90/2,8 Elmarit and 25/4 C/R Skopar
are black). Probably will need a new 21/3,8 Elmar as w/a. Forgot to get an
extra battery and memory cards - almost don't know what to ask for in which
store!! I'm in a particularly busy time in my law practice, have been
engaged as, in effect, a quasi-judge to render a binding decision on a legal
ethics issue in a substantial commercial litigation. Thursday morning I'm
off to Boston for the Amer Bar Assoc midyear meeting, away till next Wed.
Lucky if I begin to understand this device by March.

As Frank Dernie, Henning, Tom A., and several others on the list know, in
addition to my almost life-long affliction as a Leicaholic image-maker, I'm
also a car nut. Yesterday, the sports car market having collapsed at least
as dramatically as have the Leica, Hasselblad, world equity markets and
economies, and being no longer obliged to run financial decisions past
SWMBO, I lost my [alleged] mind and also acquired a new (actually
'pre-owned') Ferrari, a 575M Maranello. In fact, the private seller and I
closed on the transaction last Thursday late afternoon, the car was
collected Friday in Virginia Beach by transport company and delivered
Saturday to the Ferrari dealer in Spring Valley NY where I went yesterday
for my first visit. Perhaps the best road car that Ferrari has ever made at
a jaw-droppingly low price (you know, one can buy a pre-owned 8-cylinder
Ferrari in excellent condition in the US$20-30,000. range).

As of tomorrow I'll be unsubscribed for at least a week. Will miss you all.
Don't take any wooden nickels.

Seth