Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sunday Geese
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun Feb 8 19:49:04 2009

Beautiful inspiring image.

--- bjq1@mac.com wrote:

From: Barney Quinn <bjq1@mac.com>
To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 22:35:12 -0500

The Blackwater Wildlife REfuge is located just outside of a town
called Cambridge on Maryland's Eastern Shore. I spend as much time
there as I can. Huge flocks of Canada Geese spend the winter there.
As the sun sets the flocks of Geese fly off and relocate themselves.
I don't know why. It's hard to describe the size of these flocks.
That's why i took this picture, to try to show how many birds are
involved. Geese honk. One thing which can never be shown in a still
photo is the noise these birds make as they honk and relocate for the
evening. It's like sitting in the middle of a symphony.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Geese_1.jpg.html

Comments and Criticisms Welcome.

Barney