Subject: [Leica] Re: Monster Lenses of 50mm or wider
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Feb 8 18:34:01 2009

Many of my thoughts exactly, Mr. Caliguri
The monster is the Sigma; blown out of proportion unnecessarily.
How big does a 50mm 1.4 need to be?
A 58 mm filter is certainly big enough. That's what's on the new Nikon G.
This Sigma uses a 77mm filter.

That's not a filter that's Frisbee.
I don't own a 77mm filter.
I hope to never own a 77mm filter nor a lens which would ask for me for one.

Mark William Rabiner

The latest Noctilux f 1 used a 60mm filter if you recall.

Might make a nice small desert plate.
If I owned one.