Subject: [Leica] Pics from down under
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sun Feb 8 16:43:00 2009

At 10:51 PM +0000 2/8/09, Bob W wrote:
>>  Many times on the trip while lugging a heavy SLR and zoom
>>  lens I wished I
>>  had taken the M8 - serves me right!
>>  Comments and critique welcomed.
>
>Ahem.
>
>Just back from Paris lugging this around:
>
>M8                     590
>21/2.8 Elmarit-M       250
>28/2   Ultron  244
>35/1.4 Summilux-M      245
>50/2 Summicron-M       240
>                       1569
>
>My SLR kit covering the same++ fields of view:
>
>Olympus E-1                    660
>Zuiko 14-54/2.8-3.5    435
>                               1095
>
>Weights in grams.

So how hard do you have to crank the 14-54 to get it to open to
f/1.4? I would think you should at least consider the 14-35/2.0 at
900 gm to be approaching the ballpark of the Leica lenses.

The fact of it is, comparisons of this type don't make a whole lot of
sense, as how you shoot and what you shoot is likely the much greater
determinant.