Subject: [Leica] Monster High-tech 50mm 1.4 from Sigma and everyone else -distortion
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Feb 6 22:20:09 2009

Coincidently I made about 400 exposures today with the 28mm 1.4 Nikkor 99
percent of them out f 1.4 for shoot I did. I'm very excited about going
through the images in Bridge and seeing how a selection of 30 of them look
as a group.
I'm been doing deep focus stuff so this is a switch for me.
If its really as you say a 31mm than I was shooting with a 46.5mm with the
crop circle factor of 1.5.
I had a wide zoom on another body in my bag and resisted the urge to pull it
out and use it; even once.
I've never made this many exposures in a shoot before I don't think.
Shooting at 1.4 was quite an interesting switch. And not shooting so wide.
And not zooming.

I'll be real interested in using this lens when it becomes a true 31mm lens;
Like it doesn't say on the box.

I had a big day today.

Mark William Rabiner