Subject: [Leica] Erwin reviews new Summilux
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Feb 2 12:31:36 2009

Both Nikon and Canon meaning 99.9 of the shooting population started out
with cropped format and then in the past two years moved on.
I've not heard too much angst about the cropped glass they got along that
journey. It just gave them more of chance to have more fun on EBay.
Chips!

The only angst  I got was a guy I know in NY who sold all his full frame
glass a couple of years ago to shoot the cropped format only thinking he
should be shooting with the latest glass. Then got a D3 and and to make the
switch all back again.
Lots of fun on eBay I'm sure.
Me I never sold any of my old full frame glass and lots of it sat a bit but
will be back in business full time any minute.

And I'm not planning on selling my cropped glass.
I'm thinking they will come out with a very small body...
Much smaller even than the D40x I carry with me every day to the movies and
to the bathroom.
In other words a true half frame system!
Only digital.
But with a format bigger than your fingernail.

I'm not one all that comfortable carrying around a D200 weight body all day.

So I have my carry around bodies and my big shoot bodies.

Mark William Rabiner