Subject: [Leica] Coaling Piers and things
From: leica at web-options.com (Bob W)
Date: Mon Jan 26 11:09:11 2009

Hi,

yes - I've seen the book. I'm making my own way along the full length of the
river, bit by bit, by foot and by pedal. I'll be walking from Lechlade to
Oxford one long weekend in spring, then just a few miles at the estuary and
I'm done.

The railway tracks are still embedded in the cobblestones there along the
riverside walk. They run more or less along the line of the Greenwich
Meridian. In the evenings nowadays a laser beam shines above the pier,
projected from the old Royal Observatory.

Bob