Subject: [Leica] Coaling Piers and things
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon Jan 26 09:40:12 2009

Bob,

FWIW, have you come across a book called "Liquid History - The Thames through
Time" by Stephen Croad? It's a collection of photographs of the Thames going
back to the mid 1800s and is well worth a look if you are at all intersted in
the history of the river in photographs.

There is a picture from 1993 of the generating station and pier. The Pier was
designed by Sir Maurice FitzMaurice in 1903-5 and featured a systetm of
railway
trucks that ran to the external coal bunkers.

Peter Dzwig

>>> This is the coaling pier at Greenwich Power Station.
> > Colliers used to dock

> > It's still
> > are Doric in

> > mystery written byst two, and
> > writing as Nichola
> >
> > Bob this is a nice shot; but sunsets/sunrises, are easy.

Thanks. Can't argue with that analysis.

> > You need to
> > offer thanks to God for giving us  yet another lovely sunset.  The
> > hardest pictures to make your own are fire, sunsets and fireworks.
> >
> > Given all the stuff you wrote about it, I'd love to see more
> > exploration of the place.

There's another shot here, from a different angle, among a bunch of other
photos from Greenwich:
http://www.web-options.com/Greenwich/content/_7036150_large.html

> > I'd even like to shoot there, but seeing I
> > will not be back to the UK for awhile, I'll have to depend on you to
> > get me some better shots.

Not really my kind of subject, to be honest, but if there's an easy shot I'm
not above grabbing it.

Bob