Subject: [Leica] Two Questions...
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Sat Jan 24 11:08:43 2009

As Vick said, the rangefinder adjustment can be easy - it sounds as if yours
is out of vertical alignment, and it's fixed by slightly turning the screw
hidden under a cover screw on the front of the top plate above the lens
mount.

Basically you want to draw a good sized cross-hair on a sheet of white
paper, mount the camera on a tripod, focus to get the vertical crosshair
sharp, then tweak the adjust screw ever so slightly to get the horizontal
crosshair to perfectly overlap itself. I did it with my M2 about 5 years ago.

I'm sure you can find a more detailed and accurate description of how-to
somewhere on the web.