Subject: [Leica] DxO, the M8 and dynamic range
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Tue Jan 20 08:02:44 2009

Geoff and Don,
Daring to jump in between the dog and the tree here, just as different films
behave differently, different sensor and the firmware interpreting behave
differently. I find that just like film, bracketing, if time permits, is
best to do. Obviously for most photo journalists and street photographers,
this is not possible. For my landscape shooting it is and I use it. I do
start at -1/3 and bracket in half stops via shutter speed...
Probably obvious, but just felt a need to jump in with my experience.
Best,
Bob

 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA