Subject: [Leica] Seagate disk drive recall
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Sat Jan 17 11:32:15 2009

Thanks. All 3 of my Seagate drives are listed as potential problem drives
(the drive names and serial numbers match the list). Two are 1.5TB and one
is 500GB.

I'm hoping that all 3 had the firmware update done to them prior to being
sold to me.

I'm on the phone to Seagate right now but I suspect that I'll be on hold for
a long while.

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada> Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:35:12 -0800> From:
reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> To: LUG@leica-users.org> CC: > Subject: [Leica]
Seagate disk drive recall> > See
http://seagate.custkb.com/seagate/crm/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=207931> >
There are some Seagate Barracuda DiamondMax drives (most notably the 1.5TB
size, it would seen) that have a serious problem that requires your
attention. If you have a Seagate drive that you bought in the last year I
recommend that you look into this.> > If you are a Mac user you can find all
of this information in the System Profiler. Look under the Serial-ATA tab
unless you have a RAID card.> > I have about 20 Seagate drives and 1 of them
(a 500GB SATA) has this problem.> > > >