Subject: [Leica] [img] Mark's PAW week 3
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Sat Jan 17 11:13:59 2009

Woolworth Stores were a favorite of my childhood with great toy
sections with reasonably priced toys. They also had a great scale
model section.

The events of the coming few days also remind me of Woolworth's place
in the civil rights struggle in North Carolina. Woolworth's segregated
lunch counters were the focus of sit-ins that helped focus us here on
American apartheid. Perhaps its appropriate that this store be part of
closing that chapter of history.

Here's to better times!

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/