Subject: [Leica] Found on e-Bay
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Sat Jan 17 06:12:43 2009

Seth wrote:
"It is very wrong indeed to take
 someone else's work without permission"

Well, you'd have to explain to me how anything has been taken. Was Lluis's
webpage hijacked and moved somewhere? Did someone present his pictures as
their own?

It's as if, standing in a public library I told someone 'if you go two rows
over and three shelves down you'll find a really great book full of maps of
India', or 'drive by 1234 Maple street in Maxwell House New York and you'll
see a prime example of Prairie Architecture'.

Nobody has taken anything - someone has simply made the benefits of their
research available. That's just what the Web does.

If you don't want strangers looking at your pictures, DON"T PUT THEM ON THE
WEB. Or, if you want to have at least some limited control, post them in a
place like the LUG gallery, which Brian has made to be non-searchable.