Subject: [Leica] OT: Audiophile Question
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Fri Jan 16 16:14:32 2009

I'd use the XLR just for the heck of it :)  It probably won't make a
bit of difference, but it might help noise issues.  Depending on the
design of the preamp and the amp, the unbalanced inputs/outputs might
be superior, but chances are the balanced inputs/outputs are done
correctly.

Buy some Neutrik XLRs (I prefer the black ones with gold plating -
NC3FX-B and NC3MX-B) and some good Canare wire and you should be fine.
 Get a local to solder them up for you.  Canare L-4E6S Star Quad is a
good cable.  Should be about $.50/foot and the Neutrik connectors
should be $2-4.  You can order the stuff from Markertek.

For speaker wire, Canare 4S8 is good stuff.  Also about 50 cents/foot.

Both this and the L-4E6S is four conductor.  Solder a pair to each
connector.  The four conductors/two pair arrangement help reduce
interference, and the multi conductors per signal helps reduce
inductance.