Subject: [Leica] OT: Audiophile Question
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Fri Jan 16 18:36:26 2009

tgray@125px.com writes in part: > Buy some Neutrik XLRs (I prefer the black
ones with gold plating -> NC3FX-B and NC3MX-B) and some good Canare wire and
you should be fine.> Get a local to solder them up for you. Canare L-4E6S
Star Quad is a> good cable. Should be about $.50/foot and the Neutrik
connectors> should be $2-4. You can order the stuff from Markertek.> > For
speaker wire, Canare 4S8 is good stuff. Also about 50 cents/foot.> > Both
this and the L-4E6S is four conductor. Solder a pair to each> connector. The
four conductors/two pair arrangement help reduce> interference, and the
multi conductors per signal helps reduce> inductance.
Strangely, this is exactly the brands the local electronics supply house guy
recommended.

Exactly. His name wasn't Tim.

Speaker wire, I'm not sure if I'll need.

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada
Windows Live?: Keep your life in sync.

Message from tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray) ([Leica] OT: Audiophile Question)