Subject: [Leica] IMG summicronR caution zoo pics
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri Jan 16 07:50:56 2009

Simon,

I was interested in this series for two reasons.  Having shot butterflies, I
know how quick one must respond to their movements to capture an image. And,
secondly, I am awaiting the arrival of an Elmarit-R 28/2.8 for use on my Oly
E-510.

I think you did a remarkable job in capturing images, and the images are
impressive when viewed large.  I feel that the Leica glass will hold its own
with anything out there.  While AF and zoom are nice luxuries, particularly
when photographing children or moving animals, the primes still have their
place when definition is paramount.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA