Subject: [Leica] IMG summicronR caution zoo pics
From: simon.apekop at gmail.com (simon jessurun)
Date: Fri Jan 16 00:54:38 2009

Hello ,in order to warm up a bit #2 daughter dragged me out of the house in
order to visit the butterfly garden in our local zoo;Artis(artis natura
artis magistra) .
I kept postponing  using an old summicronR on the Canon.
Fearsome I guess that the Leica lens would turn out to be inferior to the
Canon lenses.Trying to focus track on the butterflies in the garden with the
long throw summicron proved quite a challenge.
Nevertheless the high ISO and blindingly fast speed of the MarkIII produced
some passibles I hope.
What i like to believe is that the Leica lens produces a way more brilljant
picture then the canon lenses.
I would very much like to hear your opinion on this.
The fullframes were all converted from Raw with DPP in the same manner if i
recall correctly
;contrast minimum to keep detail , maximum sharpness and luminosity noise
reduced at 20,
the pics are all here:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/animal/
brilliance is best illustrated here