Subject: [Leica] Re:HDR, Leica DMR and Nikon D3
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 14 10:30:44 2009

Mark Rabiner wrote:

The print makers themselves with their technique and choice of papers and
inks would have 100 times more effect on what you end up seeing than the
various lenses involved.
The lenses involved when viewed like this becomes almost completely
inconsequential.
<<<

Contrast and distortion and color balance, yes, to a certain degree, but I
can't bring detail out of shadows that isn't there.  I can't re-create
image detail that the lens didn't supply to the recording medium.  I can't
re-create the image that I missed because the lens' ergonomic design was
clumsy and kept me from making the picture in the first place.

Shoot the stuff yourself
Process it yourself with the same sharpening
And output it yourself and then look it at it.
<<<

Different hardware tools may require different software tools for optimum
results.  Same as films: I wouldn't compare an E6 film with a K14 film by
developing them in the same chemistry.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft? Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE