Subject: [Leica] A REAL LEICA OR A COUNTERFIT?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jan 11 14:05:08 2009

Ric carter asked:

Subject: Re: [Leica] A REAL LEICA OR A COUNTERFIT?

What's the story on these Russian copies so far as shooting in the

real world?

a suitable second ltm body?

or first body for that matter?

I have a light leaking IIIf that seems impossible to cure.

Hi ric,

I don't know about other like cameras but the FED I have works. I shot a
couple of rolls with it in Moscow and souped when I got home. Everything
looked OK at the time. But it's really been sitting in the gear cabinet for
a few years and only clicked  through the shutter speeds every once in
awhile to keep it loosened up.

I'm sure others on list have other stories.

ted