Subject: [Leica] Charging for Fine Arts Print, price per sq. in?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Jan 8 17:08:41 2009

At 07:50 PM 1/8/2009, you wrote:
>Well, here is one example:
>
>http://www.pdnonline.com/pdn/esearch/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003
>692111
>
>I make it at $515.30 (plus tax) per square inch (6600 square inches).  And
>to think I was wasting all this time on landscapes, when cigarette packs
>were the key.
>
>Ken

It's worse than that.  All Prince does is photograph another
photographer's work and call it appropriation art .  I truly can't
understand how he can get away with it or why anybody would buy his
"work".  Jim Krantz who took the original photos for Marlboro sold
the copyright for the ad and says he doesn't intend to sue and is not
vindictive.  He just want recognition that the photos are his
creative work.  His photos never sold for as much as Prince's copies of
them!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/06/arts/design/06prin.html

Tina

Tina Manley