Subject: [Leica] Regarding those snaps of a few days ago
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Thu Jan 8 17:04:28 2009

Bob, I for one think I understand. PHotograhpy should not be easy snaps
really, it should be pushing you, and sometimes you do shoot just to "stay
in form". No harm in it, but no real point to it either. Its one of the
reasons I think this group could use a good hard driven project. We need to
do more than snap a flower out the back window. We all need to be trying to
say "something" in our real photographic work. Sadly only about 50 have
signed on for it, and that is not going to be enough to sustain a big 5 year
project.

Keep thinking: that's where the best start is. Why do I photograph and what
am I trying to tell or express to those who look at the image. What would
create "interest" for others.

Cheers

Alastair