Subject: [Leica] Books just got here...
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed Jan 7 15:58:04 2009

The LUG Yearbook 2008  and  12 Leica Users have arrived  this
afternoon in the same package...

an extraordinary experience, to devour and savor them...

The LUG Yearbook is panoramic, 123 photographers (too many I'm afraid,
to list), up to 2 images each,  gorgeous , diverse, beautiful, and
very well produced  by Jim Shulman and by Blurb...such patient,
wonderfully handsome work by Jim, and the Blurb print and book quality
is if anything even a notch higher this year...a fantastic array of
wonderful and fascinating images by many photographers here...The
images are stunning and again illustrate what a diverse, talented,
fascinating group of people the LUG is.
We see here an immense panororama of photos, ideas, and places...it's
wonderful...in my opinion the best yearbook yet, by far.

12 Leica Users, a separate and smaller book project by some of us, was
beautifully edited, produced, and coordinated by Geoff Hopkinson... in
this book, 12 photographers present up to five leica images each. They
include Ted Grant, Doug Herr, Lluis Ripoll, Alastair Firkin, Steve
Barbour, Graham Battison, Geoff Hopkinson, George Lottermoser, Marty
Deveney, Nathan Wajsman, Len Taupier, and Alan Magayne-Roshak. Here
with fewer photographers, and more images by each, one can see how
photography can mean such quite different things to each of us...an
elegant production of many iconic, and beautiful images, just
extraordinary.

Both books are wonderful, different, and beautifully produced..I am so
proud to be a part of each of them...

get both... !

Thanks Jim and Geoff for making these projects possible...

Steve Barbour

1/7/2009