Subject: [Leica] Leica 100 Years
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat Jan 3 01:37:56 2009

Keep the ideas coming: in the end, I will take all comments into
consideration, but also have to blend it with what I learnt with FOM2. In
the end, I want:

1. to include as many people as possible without becoming too cumbersome

2. encourage all participants to strive for better more interesting and
striking images, not just snaps so that we all "improve"

3. produce a final group project book (who knows if Blurb will exist in 5
years, but something similar) of extremely high quality and great diversity.

Still thinking and weighing up the options. Remember we did have a lot of
good points coming out of FOM2 and I want to build on that experience as
well as making it "different". For a start, its obvious now to me that the
full range of photographic expression should be encouraged rather than just
"portraits". The portraits idea springs from what I had planned to do "solo"
and may still do if we do have have enough interest to make this think "fly"

Cheers

Alastair