Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hungry Fishermen and Lake Solano
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Thu Jan 1 16:38:38 2009

G'day Adam,

Don't be scared to take that tough M8 especially if you get the passport
warranty ;-) As Geoff discovered, they are built to bruise!!! Mind you the
M8 would not have been the ideal camera for your cycling subject anyway. The
first image is serene, but could lose the featureless water and sky without
any problem. It lacks a real central subject but the reflection is lovely:
Is that a drain? Image 2 gets us in amongst the action, and the cropping
looks good. I suspect that a longer lens would give you more details of the
birds, but the atmosphere was probably going to spoil even a great lens'
detail. So as a moody image on a moody misty day, its a nice compromise
focal length wise. Getting rid of the foreground branches on the Right would
help as they sort of ruin the line and reflections of the subject.

Cheers

Alastair (who should be out there riding or doing something to lose that
christmas cheer!!!)

Ps glad to see you are well on the road to recovery