Subject: [Leica] LONG Glass from Canon, Nikon and Leica ... or Anyone's glass/camera
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Dec 30 14:18:44 2008

I use the 300mm f/4.5 Nikkor now on my D200 giving me an effective 450mm.
Its my only lens I've ever had with a tripod ring on it.
I got it for just over a hundred bucks a couple of years ago in the used
case in Pro Photo Portland.

I also do have a way of shooting 300; or 450 whatever the case may be I'd
gotten a
AF Zoom- NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G AFD ED  five years ago for $250 its
solid enough for a consumer nikon lens but the old 4.5 300 is a hammer. A
hockey puck of a lens. Usable wide open with no consternation.

This one has been replaced with an VR Veritable Reality version.
With AF-S
And IF focuses internally.
Using the Stanislavsky system.

Mark William Rabiner