Subject: [Leica] I Received A Scanner as a Christmas Gift
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Dec 27 16:18:34 2008

Jerry I tried to Google ION scanners to see if I could help. I got a rather
unexpected result! Is the present giver your parole officer??!!! ;-) Make
sure you put the 2PC in the search everyone.

Once I found some info on the film scanner (not the cocaine scanner!), it
looks like it is nearly automated. One of the new generation using a digital
camera sensor and meant to be really simple to operation for the average
home user. It has simple photoediting software with it which should work for
to start you out. I would make myself a new folder for scans on my computer
and just try a few scans on full automatic. It sounds like the default
settings will give you a scan suitable for a print up to maybe 8x10 or a
file you can downsize if you want to post photos on-line.
Let us know how you go.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.