Subject: [Leica] Film Scanner Suggestion
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Dec 25 19:35:49 2008

At 10:52 AM 12/25/2008, you wrote:
>Tina:
>Are Silverfast and Vuescan programs that operate the scanning device? I'm
>thinking that they are but I'm not sure. Is the Nikon software different
>from these two?
>
>Thanks,
>Robert

Yes, they are both software that affects the way the scanner
operates.  They replace the Nikon software.  It is adequate but both
Silverfast and Vuescan offer more scanning options and allow you to
scan different ways for different films.  Silverfast is expensive,
but I finally decided it's worth it.  I only want to scan all of
these slides once so I want to do the best job I can the first
time.  If you Google Vuescan and Silverfast, you will find many
reviews of both of them.  You can also download trials for free to
try them out.

Good luck!

Tina

Tina Manley