Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 19/12/2008: Wilma and my M8
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Dec 21 21:42:12 2008

Hi Geoff,

My RAW converter has been Lightroom since I adopted it as my one and
only image-processing tool in early 2007. Certainly it does not apply
any develop settings when I import the RAW files. Perhaps there is
something going on deep in the bowels of the underlying conversion
engine, i.e. Adobe Camera Raw, but if so, then it was also going on
when I imported Canon and Olympus RAW files, and I never got this type
of image quality with those, not straight from the camera. So I
believe that the picture is still valid as an illustration of the
capabilities of the M8.

I don't expect much disagreement from you--after all, it was seeing
one of your RAW files from your M8 that pushed me over the edge (OK,
the falling pound and the UK rebates helped too...)

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain