Subject: [Leica] Coding the Noctilux?
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Dec 20 07:10:04 2008

Hi Ken,

Leica's standard advice seems to be that for lenses longer than 35mm
coding is optional, so unless the money is burning a hole in your
pocket, I would not bother.

Whether the fact that some people have reported back focus with the
Noctilux (or other lenses for that matter) should be of little
consequence to you. If your pictures are sharp, you do not have a
problem :-) If they are not, then put the M8 on tripod (this once,
only...) and shoot some test pictures with your own setup.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain