Subject: [Leica] Focusing screens
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Wed Dec 17 12:34:16 2008

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008  "David Rodgers" <drodgers@casefarms.com>wrote:
Subject: RE: [Leica] Focusing screens

>The only DSLR that had a real viewfinder was the Contax N1. It was way
>ahead of its time. The viewfinder rivaled the SL. Sadly the sensor was
>already outdated when it hit the market.

>DaveR
I never even liked the AF in the film EOS cameras much.  For digital SLR
use, I kind of wish there
was a Nikon "F2D" or "F3D" with a sensor in place of the film, and
everything else the same, even
manual shutter cocking, just to get the clear and bright viewfinder.  In a
lot of the work I do, AF is
more of a pain than a help.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978