Subject: [Leica] IMG: 747, Make it happen
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue Dec 16 11:00:29 2008

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 Tina Manley <images@comporium.net>wrote:

>...Also, some Canon lenses are worse than others.  The 16-35 zoom is
>absolutely awful.  The 24/1.4 L is pretty bad.  Wides are much worse
than longer lenses.
Tell me about it!  I hate that 16-35, but it's the widest lens the office
has,
so I grit my teeth when I have to use it, even stopped down.  I miss using
fast
prime lenses on film where I could shoot even at f/2 and have good results.
We still have some fast Nikkor manual lenses and a Nikkor-EOS adapter, but
the Canon screen is so hard to use with them I can't get consistent
focus.(except for my
35mm f/3.5 PC Nikkor, which seems to snap into focus easier, and is very
sharp).

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee